Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The More I, The Less You

Ahhhh, Facebook.

I hope not to offend anyone with this, but it's what I believe and I mean it in the nicest possible way. I think you will understand. The more you post on FB, the less likely people are to read your posts. Anyone else agree?

Ok, now take that same idea and roll it over to your words. The more you talk, the less likely people are to listen. I love both of these verses:

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. (James 1:19-20)

When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. (Proverbs 10:19)


God help me when I have diarrhea of the mouth. Help me to speak only those words that are beneficial and purposed according to Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment