Friday, March 11, 2011

Overflowing Oatmeal

This morning as I cooked my oatmeal in the microwave it overflowed, leaving quite a mess for me to clean up. I tried to remove the bowl from the microwave, but it was hot and sticky, so I got napkins to grab the side of the bowl. Then I cleaned up what had spilled over into the microwave. This was a pretty easy task, but in looking at my bowl (which I had intended to take with me to eat on the way to work) I realized it was going to be a problem. The messy bowl no longer seemed suitable to go with me.

I seriously had a moment when I thought I might just abandon the whole thing - oatmeal and bowl - and start over, but then I realized what was on the inside could still be saved.

In our Wednesday Bible study we've been reading through Genesis. One of the comments that came up as we read the story of Adam & Eve through Noah was why God didn't just wipe out the human race and start over. We certainly gave Him plenty of reason and opportunities to do so. Ultimately, He looks at us like I did my oatmeal - able to be saved... with help from the Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment