Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Life Remembered

To his students he was "Dr. Bullock."  To his friends he was "Chuck."  To me he was always just "Pastor."  It's strange to think I hadn't seen him in more years than I actually knew him, but so it goes it with people who touch your life: the lessons you learn from them are not quickly forgotten. If ever. A few things I learned from my pastor, the Cowboys- and Coke-loving pastor who always had a good story and a smile, Reverened Charles E. Bullock:

On Scripture:
When you read a passage and see the word "therefore" you always have to go back and see what the word is there for. 

On Faith:
The main thing is that the main thing remain the main thing. 

On Marriage:
Every night before you go to bed, tell your spouse, "Honey, I love you and I've been faithful to you today."

On Time:
When you say you don't have enough time, you're telling God He made a mistake in His creation. 

On Theology:
The most profound theology of all time lies in these lyrics, "Jesus loves me / This I know know / For the Bible tells me so."

No comments:

Post a Comment