Friday, March 5, 2021

FMF: Green

But the person who trusts in the Lord will be blessed.
The Lord will show him that he can be trusted.
He will be strong, like a tree planted near water
that sends its roots by a stream.
It is not afraid when the days are hot;
its leaves are always green.
It does not worry in a year when no rain comes;
it always produces fruit.
(Jeremiah 17:7-8, NCV)

Let me tell you about the Green thing I love most: my friend who bears the color as her name. Mrs Green has been a friend of mine since the days when we were both still a Miss.  Over the years, we've had some hot days and dry years. I must admit there have been days we've cried to God for the rain.


Classwork and studies...
About to get D's in Chemistry.
But we had each other.


Broken hearts from boyfriends...

Pregnancy challenges...

Marrital struggles...

Childrearing challenges...

It never really stops; it only changes. So we comfort each other when the days are hot. She's the kind of friend who texts just to make sure I'm ok when I don't respond to a text in the appropriate amount of time. Just checking in to make sure you're ok. And she sends a funny meme with it.

Because of our mutual faith in the Lord we have been blessed, and our roots are secure.  The seasons come and go, but we do not shrivel.  God allows us to grow and flourish in Him. We have learned to trust in God more deeply becuase we have seen His work in the other's life.




* * *
This post is a prompt from Five Minute Friday and was written in approximately five minutes.
For more information, visit fiveminutefriday.com.
* * *

8 comments:

  1. How lovely, true friends are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True friendship IS green, healthy and growing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this response to the prompt. What a gift that kind of friendship can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it fantastic to have a good friend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the picture, about to get D's in chemistry...I can SO relate...

    I went to UC Santa Barb,
    where you LIVE, not just exist,
    and it was really really hard
    to buckle down, strongly resist
    the pull of the nearby beach,
    the lovely point-break of the waves,
    so tempting, yeah, within my reach,
    and I thought, hey, dude, Jesus saves
    the bloke who just cut chemistry
    for that Gulf-Alaska storm;
    I mean, for sure, who wouldn't be
    surfing as the sane-dude norm?
    But Christ and I did disagree,
    for I got myself a D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good friends definitely help us to flourish even when life is challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tribute. I have a friend like that too. I am so thankful for her. Side note: I like all your travel pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so blessed to have a friend like that.

    ReplyDelete