Saturday, March 14, 2020

Peace and Quiet

For many people, these are uncertain times. Their mouth may not utter it, but their actions reveal they are afraid. I admit that I have given in to some of these worries. I haven't hoarded toilet paper and water, but I bought some extra groceries so that my pantry is fully stocked. I am washing all clothes with warm water and towels are being bleached after each use. We are staying home as much as possible, and we are washing extra.

Paul's words to Timothy encourage me. He wrote, "I urge... that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people — for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior,  who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth" (1 Timothy 2:1-4, NIV).

Start with prayer. Ask God for what we need. Give thanks to God. Pray for others: friends and family, but also leaders and decision makers.

Live in peace and quiet. And godliness and holiness. Let my faith be evident when I'm trying to get a grocery cart or standing in line. Don't pass along hearsay.

Share the truth. My security is not found in my health, financial security, or the normalcy of my day to day life. Christ is my source of hope and peace.

While we wait this out, I will make every effort to walk in the way God has instructed me. I will turn to Him, trust in Him, and be true to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment